My Family

My Family

Friday, August 30, 2013

Answer to Prayer


How many times have we prayed asking God for something, never mind what it is.  We sometimes ask for a pretty outfit we saw at the local mall, the newest smart phone (because we have to keep up with the Jones’), or maybe it is something really expensive like a new car.  Now these requests are what I like to call desires.  What if our request was more of a need verses a want?  Sometimes we ask God to allow our grocery bill to be under a certain amount at the checkout counter because we know we won’t get paid for another week, or maybe we have a friend or a loved one that has been sick and needs a healing touch, or maybe it’s finding that new job. 

Well in my case it’s the new job, I have finally been offered a new position within the UnitedHealth Group Appeals Department, after many, many years of searching for something else.  I have had a very stressful job and many days have left so depressed all I wanted to do was lock myself away and cry.  The job I have is not hard, but it wears on you, when you listen to people yell and scream and call you all kinds of names day in and day out.  Now I know that my new position will come with its own set of problems, and I am sure at times it will be stressful. 

Now God answers prayer in His own time, not ours.  I have been with UnitedHealth Group for 10 years and have been applying for different position within the company for probably the last 7.  I would constantly get responses to my applications that the position had already been filled or no longer offering the position at this time, and sometimes I would get a response that I was not qualified.  A few times I got an interview, that would lead nowhere.  I also gave my resume to other companies, but also never heard anything.  It felt as if God was telling me NO.  I see now it’s not that God was telling me NO, but wait, I have something better for you.  I believe God has answered this prayer for me, because I wasn’t sure how much longer I would be able to keep my sanity with the customer service department and God pulled me out in the nick of time.  Because I have been with the customer service division for so long I have been able to learn so much about the ends and outs of the company and the many departments within UHC and have learned from them as well.  So during my interview the hiring manager was surprised when I told her I already had entry level knowledge of one of the systems that they use on a daily basis, I would not have been able to say that a few years ago.  God placed someone in my life who thought it would be beneficial for me and my current job to be able to access appeals and give our members info on the spot so they wouldn’t have to wait for a letter from the appeals department.  You know what they say, hind sight is 20/20, God was preparing me all along, it never ceases to amaze me how God is in control of every aspect of my life and it is He who is gently guiding me along this journey. 

We always need to remember that God has a divine plan for all of our lives and He has mapped it all out before we were even born. 

Ephesians 1: 4 ~ According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

We complain from time to time and we fail to see God’s hand in our lives, when what we should be doing is praising God for his Sovereign Grace. 

Psalms 143:1 ~ Hear my prayer, O LORD, give ear to my supplications: in thy faithfulness answer me, [and] in thy righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment