My Family

My Family

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Prayer Garden I


I believe everyone needs their own special place where they can go to spend time with God, for example a prayer closet or garden.  Sometime in March I approached Jason about starting a prayer garden and I told him I wanted a place that I could go and work in the yard and spend time with God.  I have been playing with the idea for a few months, I love to work in the yard, but it takes time and money and I don’t have a lot of either.  He really didn’t have much to say and so in April I purchased a pink Weeping Cherry tree as the focal point for my prayer garden.  I went to Lowes and walked among all the pretty flowers and made my way back to the trees.  I looked at everything from a Bradford Pear to fruit bearing trees, and then I saw them, the tree I was looking for the Weeping Cherry.  The trees were beautiful, small, but beautiful.  The tiny white and pink flowers looked so delicate on the long wispy limbs.  I had one of the Lowes guys take several down so I could inspect and study each one and choose the perfect tree.  After going over several trees I picked one with the straightest trunk and one with no visible distressed marks or blemishes.  I had my tree and I could not wait to get her home (yes it’s a she, why wouldn’t she be, she’s pink) and plant her in the ground.  As soon as I got home I planted my little tree in the general area that I would like my little prayer garden.  I have been trying to figure out a name for my little garden, maybe some of my friends/family can shoot some ideas my way.  I have so many ideas about how I want my garden to look and flow, but it is going to take time and money, so for right now I have my little tree and it is the start of my “Prayer Garden”.


No comments:

Post a Comment