My Family

My Family

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Prayer Garden II

Well it is official, she has died.  Who, you ask, my sweet Weeping Cherry tree.  I had such high hopes for her; she was going to be the center piece of my Prayer Garden.  Oh well, I guess it is back to Lowes to replace her with another.  I have not given up the idea of a prayer garden, just having to put it on hold for the time being. 





We went to the mountains this weekend and I had to make a gas run for the lawnmower.  While I was there I saw a man selling beautiful plants out of the back of his truck and I thought to myself, they will be so expensive.  I went over to the man and asked him how much his plants were and he told me $5.00 and I said $5.00 and he said yes, these are just left overs and I was not able to sell them.  I went back to the truck, pumped my gas and asked Aaron if he would like to go and pick out a nice plant for Nana.  So we pumped our gas and pulled the truck over take a look.  We picked out two one for me and one for Nana to plant at the mountain house.  Aaron was so excited, when we got back to the house he was telling Nana we got her a flower and when she asked where I got it from I told her at the gas station and then she asked if he had any more and how much they were.  I said you’re not going to believe this, but only $5.00.  She then tells me to get back in the truck, she wants more.  So we get back in the truck and head back to the gas station and she picked up four more plants and I got three more.  Now I have already told you that my poor Weeping Cherry has passed on, but I do plan on replacing her with another.  But I also could not pass up the opportunity to add to my prayer garden.  I don’t know where I could get such beautiful plants at such an inexpensive price.  So here is a picture of the plants that I picked up in the mountains and hopefully will be able to add to my garden. 



I am still trying to think of a name for my little “Prayer Garden”, but I believe I have a verse … Isaiah 51:3 ~ For the LORD shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.

I am taking name suggestions; please place any suggestions in the comments box.   
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment