My Family

My Family

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Vision

 
We had our 2013-2014 school enrollment meeting last night, and Mr. Jeffreys talked about the vision for our school.  We love FSCS (Fayetteville Street Christian School), we are like one big family.  I am glad that some men had a vision years ago to start a Christian school, I am sure like most it started small, but we have grown and now have over 200 students enrolled and are expecting more for the new school year.  I am thankful to those who answered the Call and started this school as an alternative to public school.  Before Jason and I had the kids, we were asked by a financial adviser what our short term goals were and the first thing we said was to be able to put our children (when ever we had any) in a Christian school, now at that time we didn't know what school or where we just knew that public school was not an option.  A few years ago my best friend, Terri, was looking into putting her son into public school because FSCS didn't have enough students and was looking at shutting its doors - But GOD, and that is all I have to say - But GOD!  God gave them a few rough years, but after that they stared to explode, per Mr. Jeffreys, we have seen a 100% increase in the last 4 1/2 years.  That is amazing and again I will say But GOD - He is so worthy of our praise!  He who is Sovereign and knows at all times what is best for us.  I will never cease to be amazed by my GOD.  Our little school is growing by leaps and bounds and last night we listened as we were told there would be a possibility of new construction - we are busting at the seams and have no place to put these dear little children, I say this is a good problem to have.  We also discussed updates to the facilities and  our last fund raiser, "Pancake Day", where we raised over $13,000, that's $3,000 more than last year.  How is it we can continue on this path with the bad economy and loss of jobs - But GOD!  God has been so good to our little Christian school and because we have dedicated men and woman who share a common vision and goal and who are sensitive to the Holy Spirit, this is how it is all possible.  Please pray for our little school - for the administrative staff, the teachers, the parents and most of all each and every student - they are our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment