My Family

My Family

Thursday, February 7, 2013

This is the day that the Lord hath made!

This is the day that the LORD hath made, we will rejoice and be glad in it.  - Psalm 118:24
 
Yesterday was Aaron’s 7th birthday; I can’t believe how big he has gotten.  My little boy is turning into a little man right before my eyes.  I thank God for my children and I love them soooo much!  As I studied yesterday I thought this was a perfect lesson and I thought I will use Aaron’s birthday as a way to illustrate how we shall rejoice in everyday He has given us.    Who would have thought that such a simple verse could be so profound?  I have heard this verse sung in a song and I have even read it hundreds of times, but never stopped to really think about the words and how they affect my everyday life.  Do we really stop and think about who has given us each day?  I don’t think most of us do.  We just get up because the alarm clock has gone off or one of our children is demanding our attention.   We don’t think about what we are doing, it’s the same every day, day in and day out, it is all routine.  We don’t think about what is going to happen or who we will speak with or who we might meet or how our actions may affect someone else.  We don’t even give God the praise, glory or honor He deserves.  God has given us each day.  Each day we are given we start it fresh, it is always different than the day before and we will never repeat it (no Groundhog Days!).  So what should we do with each day God has given us?  We should cherish each and every moment, good or bad.  We should praise God from whom all blessings flow!  We should make sure we are in constant prayer and feeding on the bread of life! We should make sure that everything we are doing, saying, seeing, hearing, etc. is glorifying our Heavenly Father!  No matter if it’s a rainy day, a sunny day a snowy day, a rainbow day, or your birthday we should always remember it is a day that God has given us and we will rejoice and be glad in it.  It is so easy to get caught up in everyday “life”, there is always some form of ball or cheerleading practice, piano or dance, work or school and everything is routine we get complacent and then when something bad happens and God throws in a BAD DAY and we want to ask God why.  Sometimes God gives us those BAD DAYS to remind us that He is Sovereign and that He has a perfect plan for us and that He will get Glory for all, good or bad.  God gives us BAD DAYS to teach and mold us, and we learn to rely on God for everything, we should be thankful for the BAD DAYS as well as the GOOD DAYS.  God wants us to have a thankful heart regardless of the day we have or don’t have and we learn to trust Him completely.  So let us always rejoice and be glad in the days to come, because each day whether it is a birthday, a sick day, a joyous day or even a grievous day, they are all a gift from God!

No comments:

Post a Comment