My Family

My Family

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Blog


I am always amazed when I hear of some new gadget that has been developed to make my life easier or some new technology that is better than the last.  I have never been one to keep a diary or journal.  I am not good at putting my thoughts to paper or putting to words what I am thinking, also not a great speller, thank goodness for spell check!  So the whole blogging thing really intrigues me, not only can I write anything I want, but I can post it for the entire world to see.  I remember when I was in the third or fourth grade my mom bought me a little diary, my first.  I remember writing something about the day I had and I wanted to share it with everyone.  It just so happened that night my parents were holding a dinner party at our apartment, and I felt the need to share my thoughts with this crowd of people, now being the kind adults they were they listened and applauded my bravery and creativity (not that what I had written was anything profound, not much going on when your 8) and never again did I allow people to see what I had written in private, until January.  When I realized what blogging was and had read a few, some from people I knew and some from complete strangers, I thought to myself, “Hey, I can do that”.  So I did.  Not sure if anyone cares what I think, say or experience, but it is really a nice outlet, I can’t believe how it makes me feel.  Some of the times I am frustrated or excited about things that have happened and when I put it down on paper or should I say when I type it out on this neat little thing we call a computer, I feel better or a since of calm.  It is almost like prayer, because a lot of the time when I am typing away I am praying, asking God to give me the right words to say or help me to word something just right.  When I started this blog I wanted to be a witness, not just to put down my thoughts to paper, but a real outreach.  A lot of my family and friends are unsaved, so I thought, “why can’t I write about things that are important to me”, so I did.  For my first blog I started small and the more I do it the easier it becomes and I believe that God will do the rest, He will prick and speak to that one heart, that one could be a lost soul or someone that is in need of encouragement.  It is important to me to see my friends and family saved and going to heaven, will God save every person that I come in contact with, probably not, but it is my responsibility to still try to plant the seed and it will be up to God wither he allows that seed to grow.   God commanded us to go out and compel them to come in.

Luke 14:23 ~ And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways, and hedges, and compel (them) to come in, that my house may be filled.

So I believe the Lord has placed this desire to blog on my heart, I can tell my loved ones as well as complete strangers about my God and His grace, mercy and love.  I can share with them my testimony and how God has blessed me in the good and bad.  God has allowed me put my thoughts and desires to paper for His glory.  I pray for those who are lost that you may find peace and comfort in the loving arms of God.  And I pray that God will bless those that read and follow my blog and I pray that it can lift you when your are down.  Help me to pray for the lost and please pray for the families that were injured and or who lost loved ones in yesterday’s bombing in Boston.

Please drop me a line when you can and please continue to pray for our little family that we will always seek God's will for our lives and we glorify God in all we say and do.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your thoughts :) and keeping up with you guys like this. I appreciate your openness and willingness to share! We are trying to plan a zoo trip and would love to see you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would love to see you and go to the zoo with you, please give us a heads up and we get together

      Delete