My Family

My Family

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Ring

Ring:  a circular band for holding, connecting, hanging, pulling, packing, or sealing. 
A ring has no beginning and it has no end, when these words were spoken by the preacher on March 23 during the vow renewal of my Aunt Harriet and her husband Michael of 11 years, I was brought to tears when the circle was completed by their daughter Brittney.  For those of us who have made the commitment of marriage before God we started a circle, small as it might be.  I started my own life long journey with Jason on August 21, 1999 and our circle grew to add Aaron on February 06, 2006 and our little circle was completed on May 01, 2008 when Ashleigh was born.  It is amazing how God works in our lives and how He chooses our life mates.  As many know I dated a guy for years before I met Jason, I thought we would marry and that would be it, but GOD.  I love that statement, BUT GOD!!!  Well me and what’s his name never made it down the aisle and called it quits.  Jason and I met not to long after that.  I was asked out by a guy who I met in a very unusual way, ask me about it and I will tell you the whole story.  We went out and he invited me to church and I went.  That is where I met Jason thru this mutual friend Jeremy Varner.  God used Jeremy to introduce Jason and me, and the rest is history, we were married two years later.  Now here we are Jason and I with two children and God in the center.  God holds our Ring together, He connects us all to each other and He is holding us within His arms.  He is pulling us back when we stray too far and He is pushing us when He needs to.  God has sealed our little family within the confinements of this Ring that He has created.  As the bible says in Matthew 19:9 ~ What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.  God creates a Ring when a man and woman are joined in marriage, at times God chooses to grow that Ring as He sees fit.  I am so glad that God has given me Jason as my husband and that he has blessed us with Aaron and Ashleigh and I am so grateful that He is in the center of our Ring!

No comments:

Post a Comment