My Family

My Family

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Resume

Well, I have done it.  I finally submitted my resume to Fayetteville Street Christian School - FSCS.  I have not taught in a public setting since 1997, yeah it’s been a while, but I have been teaching Sunday school and children’s church for over 10 years and our Wednesday night children’s class - Kids for Christ (KFC) for the last 3 years.  I have always loved teaching and now that my children are students at FSCS, it would be so nice to be able to be near them every day!  I know it would be a cut in pay, but if it is the Lords’ will then HE will make a way.  I have been praying for a new position at UnitedHealth Group - UHC, and have been applying for different positions within the company, but have never gotten any positive feedback - always "sorry the position has already been filled, or we are no longer offering the position as this time".  I just wonder if maybe the reason I have not been able to move out of my current position is because I am not supposed to stay, but move on.  I would love to go back to teaching, but it is scary, we have become used to a certain way of living and it would mean that we would have to give up some “play pretty’s” and go without. Not that going without is a bad thing, because it can be a good thing.  Going without teaches us to rely on God more.  We take many things for granted when we live comfortably and there is nothing wrong with living comfortable, but when we rely on ourselves and not God then that is a problem.  Last night the Preacher (revival w/ Tony Finney) used the song Trust and Obey all throughout his message (it was an awesome message) and his text came from Genesis Chapter 22:1-19.  I have heard this story a million times, how Abraham took Isaac to sacrifice him to God.  Abraham trusted God so much to provide Himself a sacrifice (Genesis 22:8); all Abraham had to do was obey.  How many times do we not obey God because of our lack of trust?  How many times do we question God’s judgment and ask ourselves does HE really want that of me?  Like Brother Finney said last night we want our children to look at us and see that we have such a close relationship with God that they desire that same relationship.  So here I am turning in a resume, which has been in the works for almost a year, because I want to trust that God knows what is best for me and obey the command, if He gives it, to leave my well paid job for one of Service to Him.  Please pray for our family and for me as I seek God’s will for our future.  I know God gives us the desire of our hearts if we “Trust and Obey”.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment